Workforce shortages, limited funding and insurance/treatment barriers create obstacles to accessing appropriate behavioral health care. The result is that adults and children in Texas with behavioral health needs increasingly rely on clinically inappropriate settings, such as hospital emergency departments, to receive needed behavioral health treatment.
THA Supports Behavioral Health in Texas
Behavioral health concerns have been pushed front and center – and now is the time to make additional investments in behavioral health policies, hospitals, programs and workforce.
Learn more about THA’s behavioral health advocacy efforts here.
From the Health Care Advocate
Member login required.
- Health Care Advocate: March 2, 2023 – THA Testifies in Support of Hospital Budget Priorities
- Health Care Advocate: Jan. 26, 2023 – Medicaid, Behavioral Health Budget Plans Include Good News for Hospitals
- Health Care Advocate: Oct. 13, 2023 – THA Conference Tackles Behavioral Health, Workforce Exhaustion and More
2023 Quality & Behavioral Health Conference
Oct. 12 – 13, 2023
With two distinct content tracks, this this hybrid event will cover the latest hot topics ranging from workforce to regulatory issues. This program is a must attend for clinicians and administrators working to provide the highest quality health care across the continuum.
THA’s Behavioral Health Council
The Behavioral Health Council provides a conduit between THA member psychiatric hospitals and the THA Board of Trustees and Council of Policy Development. The council focuses attention on issues impacting this industry segment, including hosting an annual summer conference for psychiatric and mental health service providers.
Questions? Contact Sharon Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotlight on Behavioral Health Hospital Members
We recognize and appreciate the work of Texas’ behavioral health hospitals and health care providers. Here are some of the many behavioral health hospitals that are making a difference in the communities they serve.
- Support Funding Boost for Behavioral Health Technology (4/10/23) | THA
- Modernization Boosts Access for Behavioral Health Care (3/27/23) | THA
- Process to Protect People in Crisis (3/22/23) | THA
- Electronic Applications Streamline Detentions (3/21/23) | THA
- Streamline Orders of Protective Custody for Patients in Crisis (1/30/23) | THA