The need for reliable access to health care services has never been more salient. There are more uninsured residents in Texas than any other state in the nation. And pandemic-induced job loss has caused even more Texans to lose their health insurance. It’s time we fix this.
The Texas Hospital Association and its member hospitals are committed to increasing access to comprehensive health care coverage for every Texan who needs it. Health care coverage will help Texans maintain and ultimately improve their baseline health, ensure a productive workforce and reduce health care costs. THA continues to educate lawmakers on the need for a health care coverage solution and offers resources to support member hospitals’ advocacy as well.
Use THA’s digital messages with the hashtag #CoverTexans to promote health care coverage expansion on your social networks.
Social Media Messages
Click here to access a Sample Social Media Toolkit with social posts and images.
Studies and Reports
Learn how the state can achieve a coverage solution from these industry expert reports.
- Medicaid Expansion is Associated With Lower Maternal Mortality (1/23/21) | Women’s Health Issues Journal
- Medicaid Expansion: Effects on Hospital Finances and Implications for Hospitals Facing COVID-19 Challenges (1/5/21) | Health Affairs
- Medicaid Expansion’s Effect on Hospital Finances: 5 Takeaways (1/6/21) | Becker’s Hospital Review
- Economic and Fiscal Benefits to Texas of Accessing Additional Federal Funds for Health Insurance Expansion (12/14/20) | Episcopal Health Foundation
- An Open Letter to Elected Officials, Leaders, Professionals, and Others Interested in Health Care in Texas (11/09/20) | The Perryman Group
- Impact of Medicaid Expansion on the State Budget in Texas (9/14/20) | Fritz, Pitts, Pitts, Jr.
- The Impact of Uninsurance of Texas’ Economy (1/14/2019) | Texas Alliance for Health Care
THA White Papers & Reports
Articulating industry data and perspective on behalf of hundreds of hospitals across Texas.