The need for reliable access to health care services has never been more salient. There are more uninsured residents in Texas than any other state in the nation. And pandemic-induced job loss has caused even more Texans to lose their health insurance. It’s time we fix this.
The Texas Hospital Association and its member hospitals are committed to increasing access to comprehensive health care coverage for every Texan who needs it. Health care coverage will help Texans maintain and ultimately improve their baseline health, ensure a productive workforce and reduce health care costs. THA continues to educate lawmakers on the need for a health care coverage solution and offers resources to support member hospitals’ advocacy as well.
Use THA’s digital messages with the hashtag #CoverTexans to promote health care coverage expansion on your social networks.
Social Media Messages
Click here to access a Sample Social Media Toolkit with social posts and images.
Studies and Reports
Learn how the state can achieve a coverage solution from these industry expert reports.
- Medicaid Expansion is Associated With Lower Maternal Mortality (1/23/21) | Women’s Health Issues Journal
- Medicaid Expansion: Effects on Hospital Finances and Implications for Hospitals Facing COVID-19 Challenges (1/5/21) | Health Affairs
- Medicaid Expansion’s Effect on Hospital Finances: 5 Takeaways (1/6/210) | Becker’s Hospital Review
- Economic and Fiscal Benefits to Texas of Accessing Additional Federal Funds for Health Insurance Expansion (12/14/20) | Episcopal Health Foundation
- An Open Letter to Elected Officials, Leaders, Professionals, and Others Interested in Health Care in Texas (11/09/20) | The Perryman Group
- Impact of Medicaid Expansion on the State Budget in Texas (9/14/20) | Fritz, Pitts, Pitts, Jr.
- The Impact of Uninsurance of Texas’ Economy (1/14/2019) | Texas Alliance for Health Care
THA in the News
Read more to see how THA is working with media and other channels to educate the public about health care coverage expansion.
- Letter to State Leaders – Hospitals Support Coverage and the Waiver (4/21/21) | THA
- Support Coverage Expansion Amid New Health Care Plan (4/19/21) | Houston Medical Journal
- Press Release Supporting Live Well Texas Bill (3/22/21) | Rep. Julie Johnson
- Texas’ Essential Workers Would Benefit From Coverage Expansion (3/16/21) | Houston Medical Journal
- How Hospitals Are Asking the Legislature to Enhance Insurance Coverage (1/22/21) | D Magazine
- Texas lawmakers could be poised to debate Medicaid expansion (1/7/21) | Austin American-Statesman
- After A Decade of Refusing Medicaid Expansion, Texas Lawmakers Might Be Forced To Reconsider (1/4/21) | Houston Public Media
- Now Is the Time to Broaden Health Care Coverage (10/16/20) | Houston Medical Journal
- The Time to Expand Health Care Coverage in Texas is Now (10/8/20) | Texas Hospitals Magazine
- The pandemic’s next blow: Over 1 million Texans will lose health insurance (5/17/20) | Dallas Morning News