The flu never goes away. And with COVID-19 having faded into the background, precautionary measures like masking and social distancing – which decreased flu cases during the pandemic – have also decreased significantly, sending flu cases nationwide rising once again.
We encourage Texans to use the best defense at our disposal: the flu shot. While THA actively promotes flu vaccination among the public, we encourage member hospitals to use these resources to promote flu vaccination among their patients and communities.
A “Tridemic” is a Scary Possibility
National Pediatric Bed Shortage Prompts Texas Action
THA’s digital messages make it easy for member hospitals to promote flu shots among their staff and patients.
Messaging and Resources
In addition to social media, THA is promoting flu shots through its various channels. The following is a sample of THA’s messaging this season. These items can serve as a resource for member hospitals to use and/or repurpose.
Research and Updates
Keeping up with the latest research and updates is critical to pushing the right information at the right time. The following are highlights from the public health and government sectors.
Research, Statistics and Clinical Updates
- Frequently Asked Questions: 2022-2023 Flu Season | CDC
- Flu Surveillance Data | Texas DSHS
- Preparing for the 2022-23 Flu Season | American Academy of Pediatrics
- Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines Currently Approved or Authorized in the United States | CDC
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine Effectiveness Studies | CDC