Our Peer Review Network is designed to provide timely, cost-efficient medical peer reviews for Texas hospitals by providers in Texas hospitals.
Join THAF’s Peer Review Network
Contact: Karen Kendrick, RN, MSN
VP, Clinical Initiatives and Quality
Texas Hospital Association Foundation
Does your hospital have a secure and reliable process in place for peer reviews?
In partnership with health care leaders across Texas, the Texas Hospital Association Foundation developed a new program that engages hospitals and physicians in an efficient peer review process.
Designed for both external and internal reviews, with governance oversight provided by the member Peer Review Network Advisory Committee, THAF’s Peer Review Network supports Texas hospitals’ mission to meet and exceed the highest level of health care quality.
Unlike other peer review programs that require participants to mail confidential patient information, THAF’s PRN utilizes a secure, cloud-based platform that maintains reviewer anonymity and keeps patient data secure. In addition, through THAF’s PRN, organizations have unlimited utilization of the platform for their internal review process and cost-effective options for external reviews.
Texas hospitals are unique and therefore require peer reviews conducted by clinicians in practice at other Texas hospitals, and all external reviewers are compensated.
Benefits For Clinical Reviewers
- Reviewer Anonymity – each reviewer is randomly assigned a six-digit number and reviewer identify is shielded by the platform throughout the review process.
- Portability – our cloud-based platform allows peer reviews to be completed from anywhere.
- Ease of Use – the intuitive system navigation allows the medical record and peer review form to be viewed and completed electronically.
- Compensation – all external reviewers are compensated for completing a peer review.
- Security – all ePHI is HIPAA compliant, encrypted, password protected and visible only to reviewer.
Benefits For Medical Office Staff
- Affordability – one solution for managing both internal and external review processes.
- Consistency – utilizes a consistent format across review processes.
- Efficiency – improves workforce burden and complies with the federal “Patients Over Paperwork” initiative.
- Regulatory Compliance – our PRN fulfills the CMS Conditions of Participation requirement for the provision of care evaluation.
- Security – all ePHI is destroyed once the peer review is submitted and is accepted by the requesting facility.