Through a partnership with the Texas Department of State Health Services, THA is working with 206 hospitals across the state to reduce preventable mortality and morbidity.
TexasAIM focuses on:
- Reducing obstetric hemorrhage.
- Improving obstetric care for women with opioid use disorder.
- Reducing severe hypertension in pregnancy.
Texas hospitals choose the level of participation appropriate for them:
- TexasAIM Basic: Hospitals have access to educational events, tools, basic technical assistance and support as well as a data portal to track progress.
*Hospitals may join TexasAIM Basic at any time
- TexasAIM Plus: In addition to the benefits associated with TexasAIM Basic, hospitals have access to individualized technical assistance, facilitated learning, sharing, networking, rapid access to resources and guided support from experts in maternal safety and in quality improvement.
Through its clinical initiatives program, THA is providing education, coaching and resources to support hospitals in implementing the TexasAIM care guidelines and measuring progress towards achieving the goal of reducing preventable maternal mortality and morbidity.