Through a partnership with the Texas Department of State Health Services, THA is working with 219 hospitals across the state to reduce preventable mortality and morbidity.
DSHS recently held the 2020 TexasAIM Summit, a virtual event for hospital executives and direct care staff of AIM-participating hospitals. Attendees celebrated their important work to implement the obstetric hemorrhage bundle and kicked off work for the severe hypertension in pregnancy bundle. TexasAIM hospitals have made great progress to make Texas the healthiest state for moms and babies. Get a recap of the event from the presentation slides or watch a recording of the event.
Hospitals participating in TexasAIM are encouraged to subscribe to receive DSHS’ biweekly TexasAIM OB Care & COVID-19 newsletter. The newsletter provides quick summary updates on case counts, literature reviews and new resources. Please contact the DSHS TexasAIM team with questions.
Enroll in TexasAIM
An impressive 98% of Texas birthing facility participate in TexasAIM. It’s not too late to join TexasAIM to reduce maternal mortality and morbidity among Texas women. Enroll today to join the more than 219 birthing hospitals in this important work.
The TexasAIM program is focused on:
- Reducing obstetric hemorrhage.
- Improving obstetric care for women with opioid use disorder.
- Reducing severe hypertension in pregnancy.
Texas hospitals choose the level of participation appropriate for them:
- TexasAIM Basic: Hospitals have access to educational events, tools, basic technical assistance and support as well as a data portal to track progress.
*Hospitals may join TexasAIM Basic at any time
- TexasAIM Plus: In addition to the benefits associated with TexasAIM Basic, hospitals have access to individualized technical assistance, facilitated learning, sharing, networking, rapid access to resources and guided support from experts in maternal safety and in quality improvement.
Through its clinical initiatives program, THA is providing education, coaching and resources to support hospitals in implementing the TexasAIM care guidelines and measuring progress towards achieving the goal of reducing preventable maternal mortality and morbidity.
TexasAIM: Impacting Patient Lives
TexasAIM: Texas Hospitals Join Forces to Fight Against Maternal Mortality
- Presentations from the 2020 TexasAIM Summit (December 2020)
- Video Recording of 2020 TexasAIM Summit (December 2020)
- TexasAIM Hospitals to Train with Innovative Birthing Simulation Kits – Article (Page 12) in Sept./Oct. Texas Hospitals (September/October 2020)
- Watch DSHS’ Past TexasAIM OB Care & COVID-19 Webinars (March – July 2020)
- A Brave New World – Article in May/June Texas Hospitals (May/June 2020)
- TexasAIM COVID-19 Webinar Channel (May 2020)
- Letter to the U.S. Senate Finance Committee on TexasAIM and Supporting Material (April 2020)
- Texas Hospitals Working Together to Improve Health Care for Pregnant Women and New Mothers (September 2020)
- Maternal ICU Opens at Texas Children’s Hospital
- TexasAIM Faculty Solicitation Letter
- TexasAIM Obstetric Hemorrhage Learning Collaborative Faculty Application
- Webinar: Introduction to Maternal Early Warning System (MEWS)
- Map of participating TexasAIM hospitals
- Texas Department of State Health Services TexasAIM Web page