On May 23, the Texas Hospital Association hosted a member connection call to recap the legislative session and outcomes for Texas hospitals and what's next for rulemaking. THA's advocacy team covered a number of legislative issues including:
- State budget.
- New source of trauma funding.
- Property tax revenue caps.
- End-of-life care.
- Surprise billing and regulation of freestanding emergency centers.
- Health care-associated infections.
- Volunteer liability.
- NICU designation.
- Physician issues.
- Behavioral health.
- Local provider participation funds.
- Coverage expansion defeats.
- Next steps and rulemaking.
Listen to a Recording of the Call
Stephanie Limb, vice president, advocacy communications, 512/465-1557