Updated Sept. 6
Medicaid, CHIP and Health Texas Woman Benefits extended for six months in 29 counties:
- The benefit certification periods for clients in the 29 federally declared disaster counties are extended an additional 6 months to allow clients to receive their Medicaid, CHIP or HTW benefits.
- This applies to all to Medicaid, CHIP and HTW renewals due in August, September, October and November 2017.
- Clients do not need to take any action to receive the six month extension but will receive a notice when it is time to renew their benefits.
- Please encourage clients to use YourTexasBenefits.com or the Your Texas Benefits mobile app to manage their benefits case and to update HHS of any address changes.
- Clients are also encouraged to sign up for electronic notices to stay informed about their cases.
Clients whose benefits are (were) up for renewal in:
- August 2017 were automatically extended through February 2018.
- September 2017 will be automatically extended through March 2018.
- October 2017 will be automatically extended through April 2018.
- November 2017 will be automatically extended through May 2018.
The 29 counties include: Aransas, Bee, Brazoria, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Hardin, Harris, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Kleberg, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Nueces, Orange, Refugio, Sabine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Victoria, Waller and Wharton.
If you have questions or need assistance, please
click here for CPSS and RPS contact information or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.